Knitting and Crochet Help
Ever simply want to look up an abbreviation, or some other term on a pattern? We have started to assemble some basic information to help you with your knitting or crocheting!
- Knitting Abbreviations â€“ alphabetical listing of common knitting pattern abbreviations
- Crochet Abbreviations â€“ alphabetical listing of common knitting pattern abbreviations
- Skill Levels â€“ descriptions of standard knitting and crochet abilities associated with each skill level. We use these definitions throughout the site to indicate difficulty levels for patterns and projects. See YarnStandards.com for more information regarding these standards.
- Standard Yarn Weights â€“ mapping of standard yarn weights to more common names and gauges, for example, what weight is a Double Knit (DK)?
- Glossary and Terminology â€“ alphabetical listing of common knitting and crochet terms.
We hope you find these pages useful!